Lee Donghae facts
Posted May 5, 2011on:
Lee Donghae (이동해)
- Donghae was born in Mokpo, Jeollanam
- born October 15, 1986
- He′s a close friend of YunHo from TVXQ..
- Loves children.
- Loves puppies.
- Loves seafoods.
- When he was still in the group O-Kay, Xiah Junsu and HyukJae jokingly told him that he was officially a celebrity & his life as well as himself would change. Once he heard this he ran outside & cried. (Cute) haha
- He likes Song Hye Kyo.
- He likes being called a Prince.
- He has no particular drinking habits.
- better known mononymously as Donghae (lit. East Sea)
- a Korean singer
- occasional actor
- He is one of the four lead dancers of boy band Super Junior
- part of its subgroup, Super Junior-M.
- Donghaeis also one of the first four Korean artists to appear on Chinese postage stamps.
- He initially wanted to become an athlete, but under the influence of his father, who had a wish to become a singer, Donghae decided to train himself to become a singer.
- In 2001, Donghae successfully signed a contract with SM Entertainment
- won the Best Outward Appearance award with future band mate Sungmin on the company’s third annual SM Youth Best Contest.
- Under SM Entertainment, Donghae was put in singing, dancing, and acting lessons that same year.
- He was then recruited into a five-member boy band Smile, with future band mate Leeteuk, but the idea was soon dropped.
- In 2004, Donghae- along with Leeteuk- was put into another boy band and formed Super Junior with ten other trainees.
- The group later became known as Super Junior 05, the presumed first generation of the rotational music group, Super Junior.
- Several days before the group debuted, Donghae made a brief appearance in November 2005 at SBS‘s Shin Dong-yup’s There Is There Isn’t panel.
- In August 2006, Donghae’s father passed away due to cancer. The event still proves to be a difficult memory for him due to his close relationship with his father.
- His best friend is fellow band mate Eunhyuk, whom he has known for more than 10 years.